Grove - 6-Axis Accelerometer&Gyroscope
Grove - 6-Axis Accelerometer&Gyroscope is a cost-effective Grove interfaced and integrated sensor combination of 3-axis digital accelerometer and 3-axis digital gyroscope.
With a serious low power consumption digital chip LSM6DS3(datasheet) and power supply regulator inside, it features high sensitivity, green tech and low noise interference. It can be configured to different sensitivity levels of acceleration and different angular rate measurement range. Provided with detailed SDK, it can make the prototyping process quicker and easier.
This product can be used for different applications for tilt, motion, and tap sensings, such as robotics, IoT devices and consumer electronic devices.
- Grove interfaced and cost-effective.
- Digital-output for 6 DOF motion data.
- ±2/±4/±8/±16 g full scale leaner acceleration sensing range for various environment.
- ±125, ±245, ±500, ±1000, ±2000 degree per seconds(dps) for angular rate measurement range make it versatile.
- Detailed SDK for easier programming.
- Regulated power supply for reliable data to be collected.
- Programmed interrupts for different event.
- 8 kB data buffering.
More details about Grove modules please refer to Grove System
- Consumer-level aircraft
- Computer input devices
- Wearable devices.
- IoT things
For detailed information please refer to datasheet.
|Analog supply voltage:||5V/3.3V(DC)|
|Power consumption:||0.9 mA in combo normal mode and 1.25 mA in combo high-performance mode up to 1.6 kHz|
|Linear acceleration measurement range||±2/±4/±8/±16 g full scale (typical value)|
|Angular rate measurement range||±125, ±245, ±500, ±1000, ±2000 dps(typical value)|
|Linear acceleration sensitivity||0.061(FS = ±2), 0.122(FS = ±4), 0.244(FS = ±8), 0.488(FS = ±16) mg/LSB|
|Angular rate sensitivity||4.375(FS = ±125), 8.75(FS = ±245), 17.50(FS = ±500), 35(FS = ±1000), 70(FS = ±2000)|
|Arduino||Raspberry Pi||BeagleBone||Wio||LinkIt ONE|
The platforms mentioned above as supported is/are an indication of the module's hardware or theoritical compatibility. We only provide software library or code examples for Arduino platform in most cases. It is not possible to provide software library / demo code for all possible MCU platforms. Hence, users have to write their own software library.
Connect main control board such as Seeeduino board with driver board.
|Grove - 6-Axis Accelerometer&Gyroscope||1PC|
Seeeduino * 1
Grove - Base Shield v2
Refer to following guides to build an appropriate IDE:
NoteWe have chosen Seeeduino and it is compatible with Arduino in this case. You can also use Arduino board instead.
NotePlug Grove - 6-Axis Accelerometer&Gyroscope to I2C interface on Grove - Base shield. Connect power supply with USB cable.
A little demo¶
Download the library for Grove - 6-Axis Accelerometer&Gyroscope. Refer to Guide to use demos downloaded from Seeed's Github for quicker flashing your code to main controller board. There are three demo examples in total in sub directory examples.
- [Eagle] Grove - 6-Axis Accelerometer&Gyroscopev 1.0
- [PDF] Grove - 6-Axis Accelerometer&Gyroscopev 1.0 SCH
- [PDF] Grove - 6-Axis Accelerometer&Gyroscopev 1.0 PCB
- [Library] Grove-6-Axis_AccelerometerAndGyroscope
- [Datasheet] Datasheet of LSM6DS3