The Xadow product line is designed to be used in wearables and art installations, and places where you do not have the space for bigger designs. Different modules can be combined to make specialized solutions possible, and the mainboard options make Xadow systems usable in low power and computationally demanding situations alike. Instructions can be given via well known IDE's, and can easily be transferred to the mainboard via USB. Power consumption is very low, to improve battery life. The modules connect easily via standard FFC flat cable, and the connecting cables are very sturdy. You can use this product line to focus on the software and packaging, while not compromising on features!
- Small & light When you don't want to keep noticing your hardware, or want to wear it.
- Low power consumption We designed this product line with a focus on low power consumption, so you don't need to add a big battery.
- Versatility Multiple main boards, so processing intensive projects can still be power-efficient.
- Modular design & Easy to connect Make some easy connections, and your hardware design is ready!
- High quality connections The bendable FFC cables make connections possible in many configurations and shapes.
Xadow Product Range
Last updated May 2015
- Xadow - Main Board Arduino IDE Compatible
- Xadow - M0 mbed version of the Xadow Main Board
- Xadow - Expansion Board to connect to the Intel Edison SoC (only available as part of the Xadow Wearable Kit For Edison, Edison sold separately)
and the Edison support boards:
Environmental Monitoring Sensors
- Xadow - Compass
- Xadow - 3-Axis Accelerometer (already included in the Xadow - M0)
- Xadow - 3-Axis Digital Accelerometer(±400g)
- Xadow - IMU 6DOF
- Xadow - IMU 9DOF
- Xadow - IMU 10DOF
- Xadow - Buzzer
- Xadow - Motor Driver
- Xadow - Vibrator Motor
- Xadow - Q Touch Sensor
- Xadow - LED 5X7
- Xadow - OLED 128*64
- Xadow - RGB OLED 96*64
Storage and System
Xadow I/O Connection
Xadow modules connect to each other with 12 laned FFC cables. All modules share the same bus, including IIC, SPI, UART, Digital and Analog pins. The table below shows the communication details between Xadow modules and the Xadow mainboard:
|Xadow Modules||Control Mode||P1||P2||P3||P4||P5||P6||P7||P8|
|Xadow - 3-Axis Accelerometer||I2C||I2C Address is 0x53|
|Xadow - 3-Axis Digital Accelerometer(±400g)||I2C||I2C Address is 0xE7|
|Xadow - Barometer||I2C||I2C Address is 0x77|
|Xadow - Barometer BMP180||I2C||I2C Address is 0x77|
|Xadow - BLE||Uart(TTL) Serial||RX/TX|
|Xadow - BLE Slave||Uart(TTL) Serial||RX/TX|
|Xadow - Breakout|
|Xadow - Buzzer||Digital Signal||H||H|
|Xadow - Compass||I2C||I2C Address is 0x1E|
|Xadow - Grove Adaptor||I2C||I2C Analog Addresses are 0x58 and 0x59|
|Xadow - IMU 6DOF||I2C||I2C Address is 0x??|
|Xadow - IMU 9DOF||I2C||I2C Address is 0x??|
|Xadow - IMU 10DOF||I2C||I2C Address is 0x??|
|Xadow - LED 5X7||I2C||I2C Address is 0x04|
|Xadow - Multichannel Gas Sensor||I2C||I2C Address is programmable|
|Xadow - OLED 128*64||I2C||I2C Address is 0x3C|
|Xadow - RGB OLED 96*64||SPI||TBD|
|Xadow - Q Touch Sensor||I2C||I2C Address is 0x1B|
|Xadow - Vibration Motor||Digital Signal||H||H|
|Xadow - RTC||I2C||I2C Address is 0x68|
|Xadow - Motor Driver||I2C||Changable|
|Xadow - GPS||Serial||RX/TX|
|Xadow - Storage||I2C||I2C Address are 0x50 and 0x51|
|Xadow - NFC||I2C(default), SPI, UART||I2C Address is 0x??|
|Xadow - NFC Tag||I2C||I2C Address is 0x24|
|Xadow - UV Sensor||I2C||I2C Address is 0x5A|
- The Xadow - Vibration Motor and Xadow - Buzzer are controlled by two digital pins. They work when both pins marked with "H" are set to high simultaneously.
Reference page for Xadow IO pin mapping information including:
- How to use each pin in your Arduino code
- Xadow FFC cable to Atmega32u4 pin mapping
- pins that have interrupts and timers
- the 2 serial ports, I2C and ISP
- additional on board IO, and how it might be hacked
Magic Bracelet Tutorial
Skins for Xadow
PebblePowerUp - Our blogposts about our cooperation with Pebble the amazing smartwatch with e-Paper screen and low power consumption.
Metal style Xadow watch
It can be worn on the arm with a wrist strap or standard watchband.
You can also use a lanyard to hang it around your neck:
Xadow Chewing Gum
Place a Xadow Main Board and a few modules inside the shell and put it in your shirt pocket, so you could always view the current air pressure, height, or the let the vibration motor remind you when your phone receives a twitter message.
Cardboard can be (laser)cut into amazingly durable folding designs, specialized for your purpose! (Maybe we still got the design files somewhere, we will look for it)
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Xadow"
The following 73 pages are in this category, out of 73 total.