GPRS Shield V3.0
This is version 3.0 of GPRS Shield. Hook your Arduino up to GSM/GPRS cell phone network with GPRS shield! You can use your Arduino/Seeeduino or other main boards to dial a phone number or send a text to your friend via easy to use AT commands now. GPRS Shield features a quad-band low power consumption GSM/GPRS module SIM900 as well as a compact PCB antenna.Meanwhile, improvements on interfaces and basic circuit have been taken to make it more concise and reliable. And there’re two choices for you to communicate GPRS shield with the main board -- UART or SoftwareSerial.
|v0.9b||Initial public release (beta)||Mar 3, 2011|
|v1.2||Added software port to power on/off of SIM90||Dec 2, 2011|
|v1.4||Re-design the power source circuit, re-lay the PCB layout||Aug 30, 2012|
|v2.0||Quad band support and re-design PCB antenna||Feb 3, 2013|
|v3.0||Change arduino socket to the latest Arduino Uno standard||Mar 20, 2015|
What's the difference between V3.0 and previous version?
- Change the arduino socket to the latest Arduino Uno standard. Except this, all the features are same with the previous version.
- Make sure your SIM card is activated.
- GPRS Shield doesn't come with ESD precautions. Take special care when handling it in dry weather.
Please link to the documentation of GPRS Shield V2.0 for specifications and application guide.
- [Eagle] GPRS Shield v3.0 Schematic and PCB in eagle format
- [PDF] GPRS Shield v3.0 Schematic in PDF format
- [PDF] GPRS Shield v3.0 PCB in PDF format
- [Library] GPRS_Shield library on gitHub - based on Suli
- [Library] GPRS_SIM900 library on gitHub - Non Suli
- [Document] AT Commands v1.11
- [Document] SIM900 Hardware Design
- [Datasheet] Si5902BDC
- [Datasheet] SIM900 Datasheeet
- [Datasheet] SIM_900_AGPS_instructions
- [Tools] SIM900 firmware and tool(firmware:1137B08SIM900M64_ST)
- [Tools] SIM900 firmware and tool(firmware:1137B13SIM900M64_ST)