Get Started with Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2 with ODYSSEY - X86J4105¶
The Intel Neural Compute Stick 2 (NCS2) is a USB stick which offers you access to neural network functionality, without the need for large, expensive hardware. It contains a Intel Movidius Myriad X Vision Processing Unit (VPU) to enable you to incorporate computer vision and artificial intelligence (AI) to your IoT and edge devices.
Set up Software Environment¶
To use the Intel NCS2, please first complete the Installing Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit for ODYSSEY - X86J4105 and configure all the dependent software environment.
If you have already completed the tutorial, please follow the below instructions.
Configure the Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2¶
- Add the current Linux user to the users group:
sudo usermod -a -G users "$(whoami)"
Log out and log in for it to take effect.
- To perform inference on Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2, install the USB rules as follows:
sudo cp /opt/intel/openvino/inference_engine/external/97-myriad-usbboot.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/
sudo udevadm control --reload-rules
sudo udevadm trigger
Note: Reboot the device for this to take effect.
Run the Samples Using NCS2's VPU¶
- Go to the Inference Engine demo directory:
- Run the Image Classification verification script with NSC2:
./demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.sh –d MYRIAD
- Run the Inference Pipeline verification script with NSC2:
./demo_security_barrier_camera.sh –d MYRIAD
Look for results like this which indicate successful installation!
The ncappzoo at http://www.github.com/movidius/ncappzoo is an open source github repository that contains numerous examples with a simple layout and easy to use Makefiles. This repository is tailored for the Intel® NCS 2 developer community and helps developers get started quickly by focusing on application code that use pretrained neural networks.
- Clone the github repo to the local files with rhe following command:
git clone https://github.com/movidius/ncappzoo.git
- Run this command inside of any app/network folder to check your system software dependencies for that particular sample:
- Run the sample:
There are many examples that can be run, here used the
benchmark demo for example:
Please submit any technical issue into our forum